Wednesday 1 February 2023

I have a new blog about weird old SFF novels

 Well, as you can see I haven't updated this blog in quite some time. I still play D&D but I don't get creative ideas for it in the same way that I used to. Instead I have started a new blog where I review classic sci-fi and fantasy novels, focusing on the strange and the obscure.

There is obviously a lot of crossover in interest between this and old-school D&D. Old-school players will particularly enjoy my writeups of Roger Zelazny's The Changing Land (a psychedelic wizard novel that seems to have drawn directly on D&D 1e) and Jack L. Chalker's Midnight at the Well of Souls (a bizarre sci-fi-fantasy-fetish mashup that manages to be videogame-like despite being written before videogames were really invented).

Check it out here: https://paperback-picnic.ghost.io/

You can even subscribe and have it delivered straight to your inbox, as is the new fashion!

1 comment:

  1. That's a shame, I really dug your thoughts on Carcosa. Really useful and evocative stuff! Hope you still find the inspiration to talk about it from time to time!

    ReplyDelete

I have a new blog about weird old SFF novels

 Well, as you can see I haven't updated this blog in quite some time. I still play D&D but I don't get creative ideas for it in ...